Tue, Sep 27|
College of the Holy Cross
9/27/2022 (Tue) College of the Holy Cross Worcester, MA
Fresh Check Day: Mental health awareness and suicide prevention
Time & Location
Sep 27, 2022, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
College of the Holy Cross, College St, Worcester, MA, USA
About the Event
Pets and People participated in this event last year as well. We are so looking forward to working with you again! Teams, event is set for three hours but you only need to sign up to go for 1-1.5 hours.
1. Location Description: Oval shaped grass area behind Hogan Campus Map and Directions Rain will bring event indoors to Hogan Ballroom. Last year we set up a gated area around a shady tree with water so that the dogs could relax and have a quiet space while students came to them.
2. Other pet organizations attending: There is one dog named "Officer Gracie" who accompanies Public Safety and will likely be at the event for a period of time. This is the same as last year.
3. Parking arrangements: No parking pass will be needed. There is a parking lot called "Hogan Parking Lot" on the other side of the building. Dogs and their humans may take a path, stairs, or travel through the building to reach the oval based on individual preference.
4. COVID Protocol : No current Covid policies are in place, we are currently awaiting an update which will likely be released at the end of August. See The College of Holy Cross's COVID guidance here. A month before the event I will follow up with Pets & People about safety precautions.
Pets & People Event notes:
- Remember your ID badge and your dog in the vest with Pets & People patch. Cats are exempt from wearing a vest.
- Always have a face mask with you at any event. While protocols will be changing, it is important that all participants at Events feel comfortable and safe. Mask guidelines for each event are listed on Event Details.
- Be sure pet is clean, coat and teeth brushed and nails clipped.
- Please remember our protocols state no pet interaction. If teams interact with any other pets always watch each dog's reactions and be proactive.
- Do not post pictures of any individuals you visit as a Pets & People volunteer team on your personal social media pages.