Tue, Sep 13|
Westin Copley Place
9/13/2022 DPHARM Conference Boston, MA (Tue Morning Session)
Many Pets & People teams have enjoyed this DPHARM conference over the years. In return, we receive a very generous donation! It’s their first in-person event since COVID and they have been asked by attendees to "make sure they get the therapy dog teams back!" We need 3 teams at each session.
Time & Location
Sep 13, 2022, 10:50 AM – 11:35 AM
Westin Copley Place, 10 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116, USA
About the Event
Pets & People has had the pleasure of being asked to attend this DPHARM conference for several years and have sent in many teams. In return, we receive a very generous donation! It’s their first in-person conference since COVID and they have been asked by attendees to "make sure they get the therapy dog teams back!!" We are apparently a huge hit and made a lasting impression! There will be 60 exhibitors and 600-700 people over the 2 days. We will be in the Exhibition Hall and our teams are requested to be ready and available during the following breaks when there’s more foot traffic. Tuesday Sept 13 breaks are 10:50-11:35 and 2:55-3:45. Wednesday Sept 14 one break at 10:10-10:55. We need at least two teams per break. Please sign up for the specific break(s) you can cover.
1. Location Description: The Westin Copley Place, Boston - 10 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116. On the third floor in the Essex ballroom.
2. Other pet organizations attending: just Pets & People!
3. Parking arrangements: The hotel offers onsite parking and your parking will be reimbursed by the conference. More details to follow.
4. COVID Protocol : All attendees and volunteers will be required to wear masks.
5. Pets & People Event notes:
- Remember your ID badge and your dog in the vest with Pets & People patch. Cats are exempt from wearing a vest.
- Always have a face mask with you at any event. While protocols will be changing, it is important that all participants at Events feel comfortable and safe. Mask guidelines for each event are listed on Event Details.
- Be sure pet is clean, coat and teeth brushed and nails clipped and always pick up after dog. Have bags on hand!
- Please remember our protocols state no pet interaction. If teams interact with any other pets always watch each dog's reactions and be proactive.
- Do not post pictures of any individuals you visit as a Pets & People volunteer team on your personal social media pages.