Thu, Jun 22|
6/22/23 (Thu) Instron, Norwood, MA 12:45 - 2:15
Annual Instron Day where employees play games, eat BBQ and all around have fun. They want to add therapy dogs to promote mental health and wellness among their employees. It is an outdoor event. Donation will be given. Dogs Only
Time & Location
Jun 22, 12:45 PM – 2:15 PM
Instron, 825 University Ave, Norwood, MA 02062, USA
About the Event
This event is the Annual Instron Day where employees play games, eat BBQ and all around have fun. They want to add therapy dogs to promote mental health and wellness among their employees. It is an outdoor event with cornhole, life size Jenga, BBQ, and dog therapy. Two different 1.5 hour blocks are offered to stagger our teams and extend our presence. Intron will be making a company donation and will generously match individual employee’s donations 3:1. Teams will be offered lunch. Pets and People will recruit a total of 4 teams staggered from 12:15-1:45 and 12:45-2:15. That way you’ll start with 2 teams, have 4 teams together for an hour and end the last half hour with 2 teams
1. Location Description: TWe are an office building set far off from the road. We have significant amount of green outdoor space where our event will take place. https://www.google.com/maps/place/825+University+Ave,+Norwood,+MAemail@example.com,-71.1712327,19z/data=!4m6!3m5!1s0x89e48015b4ef1867:0xef9ff979df6c4787!8m2!3d42.2036855!4d-71.1714017!16s%2Fg%2F11b8vfl390
Alternate location: We have large conference rooms or a large lobby that could accommodate if needed to move indoors.
2. Other pet organizations attending: no, just Pets & People
3. Parking arrangements: Visitor parking is located to the side of our building with direct green space to the side/back of the building where the event will take place. It will take about 1-2 minutes from visitor parking to get to the side of the building
4. Current COVID Protocols : We require all employees to take their temperature prior to entering the building. Masks are no longer required unless you have been exposed to someone with Covid-19.
Pets & People Event notes:
- Remember your ID badge and your dog in the vest or bandana with Pets & People patch. Cats are exempt from wearing a vest.
- Always have a face mask with you at any event. While protocols will be changing, it is important that all participants at Events feel comfortable and safe. Mask guidelines for each event are listed on Event Details.
- Be sure pet is clean, coat and teeth brushed and nails clipped.
- Please remember our protocols state no pet interaction. If teams interact with any other pets always watch each dog's reactions and be proactive.
- Do not post pictures of any individuals you visit as a Pets & People volunteer team on your personal social media pages.