Fri, May 05|
Massachusetts Poetry Festival
5/5/23 (Fri) Massachusetts Poetry Festival Salem, MA
Dogs and Cats welcome! "Hour segment Title: Poetry and Pets. [If Pets & People Foundation agrees to partner; the event title will be changed to ""Poetry & Pets, Sponsored by Pets & People Foundation]
Time & Location
May 05, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Massachusetts Poetry Festival, 289 Derby St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
About the Event
Please join Mass Poetry for 2023 Massachusetts Poetry Festival. The "Poetry and Pet" event will be one of many at the weekend long Festival. We envision this event functioning as a poetry reading and community Open Mic where attendees will read poetry related to their pets and animals in general. At the beginning of the event, volunteers from Pets & People Foundation can come on stage and tell participants about the work your organization does as well show/introduce our audience to some of the animals that are currently in your care. Depending on which of your animals you decide to share, we can read a poem about or dedicated to them throughout the Open Mic. After you introduce yourselves, we will set up a designated area within the event space and participants can go over and say hi to your animals. Additionally, you will be able to set up table for yourselves where you can provide information for your organization.Mass Poetry will to list you on our Website as a Sponsor if you can support this hour segment.
1. Location Description: Massachusetts Poetry Festival at Charlotte Forten Park in Salem, Massachusetts. https://www.salemma.gov/planning-and-community-development/pages/charlotte-forten-park-289-derby-street. Alternate location is Peabody Essex Museum.
2. Other pet organizations attending: None will be asked if Pets & People is able to have at least two teams. A friend referred me to your organzation with nice reviews. :)
3. Parking arrangements: Mass Poetry is working with the City to block off parking for our events that occur in Charlotte Forten Park. Parking is within 5 mins of the park.
4. COVID Protocol : To keep our community safe, we are following the CDC recommendations about wearing a mask in indoor public settings. These recommendations are based on Covid-19 Community Levels and are responsive to current data about hospitalization and case rates. Covid-19 Community levels are updated weekly and can be found here: Covid-19 by County | CDC.
5. Pets & People Event notes:
- Remember your ID badge and your dog in the vest with Pets & People patch. Cats are exempt from wearing a vest.
- Always have a face mask with you at any event. While protocols will be changing, it is important that all participants at Events feel comfortable and safe. Mask guidelines for each event are listed on Event Details.
- Be sure pet is clean, coat and teeth brushed and nails clipped and always pick up after dog. Have bags on hand!
- Please remember our protocols state no pet interaction. If teams interact with any other pets always watch each dog's reactions and be proactive.
- Do not post pictures of any individuals you visit as a Pets & People volunteer team on your personal social media pages.