Fri, Apr 22|
Emerson College Iwasaki Library
4/22/2022 Emerson College Boston, MA
De-Stress for College Students: The whole event is 3 hours long (1pm - 4pm), but we are seeking 3-4 therapy dog teams to visit for an hour or an hour and a half, overlapping to cover the event time.
Time & Location
Apr 22, 2022, 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Emerson College Iwasaki Library, 120 Boylston St, Boston, MA 02116, USA
About the Event
We hold the Cirque de De-Stress at the end of each semester as students prepare for final exams. Students very much appreciate getting to spend time with a therapy dog as many of them miss their pets at home. The whole event is 3 hours long (1pm - 4pm), but we are seeking 3-4 therapy dog teams to visit for an hour or an hour and a half, overlapping to cover the event time.
1. Location Description: The event is held in the library on the third floor of 120 Boylston Street. We have a designated enclosed space (the CoLab) for the therapy dogs, with modular furniture, that is visible but not in the way of foot traffic. It is large enough to accommodate 40 people, but we limit the space to 1-2 dog and handler teams, and students to groups of 10-12.
2. Other pet organizations attending: Yes, we have a few volunteers who have worked with us before that are returning to the event. One is from the Alliance of Therapy Dogs and one is from Guiding Eyes for the Blind.
3. Parking arangements: Ample parking in the area at city garages. Parking in the Transportation Building is closest to our campus. https://goo.gl/maps/scQv1wwfbipg8fFA8. Emerson is trying to work out an arrangement with the Transportation Building to hold spaces for teams but if not, they will reimburse for parking up to $30. You will need to submit voucher to them. More details closer to date.
4. COVID Protocol : All students, faculty, and staff of Emerson College must be vaccinated and boosted to be on-campus unless they claim a qualifying exemption. Students, faculty, and staff test twice a week at Tufts Medical Center. Masks are required in all areas on campus. Emerson COVID Policy
5. Pets & People Event notes:
- Remember your ID badge and your dog in the vest with Pets & People patch. Cats are exempt from wearing a vest.
- Always have a face mask with you at any event. While protocols will be changing, it is important that all participants at Events feel comfortable and safe. Mask guidelines for each event are listed on Event Details.
- Be sure pet is clean, coat and teeth brushed and nails clipped.
- Please remember our protocols state no pet interaction. If teams interact with any other pets always watch each dog's reactions and be proactive.
- Do not post pictures of any individuals you visit as a Pets & People volunteer team on your personal social media pages.