Sun, Mar 05|
Concord Carlisle Regional High School
3/5/23 (Sun) Pet Therapy Test Prep Seminar Concord, MA
This seminar is to prepare teams for the Pet Therapy Test. Teams should already have spoken with our Director of Volunteers and have good general voice and leash control. We will focus on Pet Therapy test and not basic obedience.
Time & Location
Mar 05, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM EST
Concord Carlisle Regional High School, 500 Walden St, Concord, MA 01742, USA
About the Event
This seminar is to prepare teams for the Pet Therapy Test. Teams should already have good general voice and leash control AND have already spoken with our Director of Volunteers. We will focus on Pet Therapy test and not basic obedience.
Join us as our evaluator, Christine Macdonald, will give a run through of the Pets & People test to know what to expect and give you some pointers on how to help you and your dog succeed with the Pets & People Test. Pointers for testing include:
- how to approach and maneuver around various pieces of hospital equipment (it’s not as easy as one might think!)
- how to help your dog ignore the food on the floor or directly offered by a person (yes, food is directly offered or dropped in front of dog!)
- leash control while there is a distraction (no pulling, calm control by handler, minimal voice needed)
- meeting and greeting new people. No excess licking or jumping on people allowed, we look for a calm enthusiasm and comfort in a variety of settings
- calm while there is a noise like a loud vacuum or alarm. There will be loud distractions that your dog needs to be able to walk by
Please note: All seminar attendees are required to wear a mask.
Please email your pet's rabies documentation to our Director of Volunteers ASAP. Volunteers@petsandpeoplefoundation.org
Pet Therapy Seminar