Fri, Mar 31|
Henry E. Warren Elementary School
3/31/23 (Fri ) Henry E. Warren Elementary School, Ashland, MA
School wide Wellness day with visits to individual classrooms. ****Please note registration details required by Ashland Schools for all therapy teams before signing up and follow directions for sending documentation to them. Details are in Event Details below.
Time & Location
Mar 31, 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Henry E. Warren Elementary School, 73 Fruit St, Ashland, MA 01721, USA
About the Event
Team Registration Details: Please note that therapy teams must register with the Ashland school district in order to perform school visits:
To be registered the team must provide the following documentation:
- proof of therapy team certification and insurance (Martha will provide P&P Certificate of Insurance) please sent your certificate yourself.
- Send documentation of updated rabies
- dog or similar license
- handlers must have an active CORI on file with school. CORI form can be accessed in link. This can be completed and scanned or mailed, along with a copy of a driver's license and completed 1-2 weeks prior to event. At least 1-2 weeks prior to the event, please email all above requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Jess Malone 73 Fruit Street Ashland, MA 01721
- Coordinator at the school will need to have a 5 minute conversation after event
School wide Wellness day with visits to individual classrooms. Dogs would meet with groups of 4-5 students at a time. We had 2 therapy dogs visit in November during a similar schedule and are looking for more volunteers for our next sessions. It was hugely successful.
All handlers would be accompanied by a school staff member. Each classroom visit would be approximately 15 minutes and students would approach the dogs in small groups of 4-5 students at a time. We had a lot of success when we had therapy dogs visit in November, which has resulted in more interest from other classrooms. As a result, we would like to host more dogs so that the amount of time the dogs are here is not too long and the dogs do not get too tired.
1. Location Description: Indoor
2. Other pet organizations attending: Possibly, depending on the time. We have a therapy dog who is part of our school district and one who is part of Bright Spot Therapy Dogs.
3. Parking arrangements: Parking lots are located in front, side and back of building. The distance for dogs to walk is very minimal.
4. Current COVID Protocols : https://www.ashland.k12.ma.us/COVID-19
Pets & People Event notes:
- Remember your ID badge and your dog in the vest or bandana with Pets & People patch. Cats are exempt from wearing a vest.
- Always have a face mask with you at any event. While protocols will be changing, it is important that all participants at Events feel comfortable and safe. Mask guidelines for each event are listed on Event Details.
- Be sure pet is clean, coat and teeth brushed and nails clipped.
- Please remember our protocols state no pet interaction. If teams interact with any other pets always watch each dog's reactions and be proactive.
- Do not post pictures of any individuals you visit as a Pets & People volunteer team on your personal social media pages.