Mon, Nov 28|
11/28/2022 (Mon) Harvard University Leverett House
Midterms/Finals Pet Therapy to De-Stress. Harvard University is looking for cat and dog teams to visit.
Time & Location
Nov 28, 2022, 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM
Harvard University, 28 DeWolfe St, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
About the Event
1. Location Description: We plan to host this event in McKinlock Hall, the main building of Leverett House (one of the undergraduate dorms near the Charles River off of Memorial Drive). We plan to host the event in Leverett Library Theater, an enclosed room with handicap accessible entrances and has the capacity to fit at least 40 people. It is a large room with a lot of floor space & minimum furniture that can be pushed to the walls/rearranged. If a separate space is required for cat teams, we also have a common room nearby that is smaller room.
Link to Leverett House: https://goo.gl/maps/rkW1WozFSf5hr4k48
2. Other pet organizations attending: No
3. Parking arangements: Teams can park on the lawn in front of the Leverett F & G towers, across the street from McKinlock Hall. The towers are then less than a 5 minute walk to McKinlock Hall. Link to parking Leverett F & G towers: https://goo.gl/maps/y7gJaATmMXaSqw3f8
4. Current Harvard University COVID Protocols for Fall 2022: Harvard's COVID policy is presently recommending that everyone isolate for at least 5 days when testing positive for COVID and to wear a mask for at least 1 week following the last day in isolation.
Pets & People Event notes:
- Remember your ID badge and your dog in the vest with Pets & People patch. Cats are exempt from wearing a vest.
- Always have a face mask with you at any event. While protocols will be changing, it is important that all participants at Events feel comfortable and safe. Mask guidelines for each event are listed on Event Details.
- Be sure pet is clean, coat and teeth brushed and nails clipped.
- Please remember our protocols state no pet interaction. If teams interact with any other pets always watch each dog's reactions and be proactive.
- Do not post pictures of any individuals you visit as a Pets & People volunteer team on your personal social media pages.