Wed, Oct 11|
10/11/23 (Wed) Novartis, Cambridge, MA
Dogs only requested. To promote Mental Health Awareness Day as well as the Human/Animal interaction for our onsite Biomedical Research Awareness Day event. Donation will be given to Pets & People
Time & Location
Oct 11, 2023, 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM
Novartis, 181 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
About the Event
This event would be at our 181 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA atrium site. If weather was nice it would be ideal to be in our courtyard right outside the atrium, however, we have been given permission to meet inside as well. The atrium is a large open space and the therapy dog teams would remain off to the side for the entirety of the visit. Individuals would come down to the atrium to interact with the dog and team. They anticipate about 100 people each day visiting the therapy dogs. They will control the flow of people with a staff member who will limit it to 5 per team
1. Location Description: This will be an outdoor event if weather permits and indoors if not.
2. Other pet organizations attending: no, just Pets & People. Dogs only.
3. Parking arrangements: Parking is available onsite. More details will be provided closer to the time.
4. Current COVID Protocols : At present, we ask anyone who tests positive for COVID to remain at home. Masks can be worn at individual's discretion.
Pets & People Event notes:
- Remember your ID badge and your dog in the vest or bandana with Pets & People patch. Cats are exempt from wearing a vest.
- Always have a face mask with you at any event. While protocols will be changing, it is important that all participants at Events feel comfortable and safe. Mask guidelines for each event are listed on Event Details.
- Be sure pet is clean, coat and teeth brushed and nails clipped.
- Please remember our protocols state no pet interaction. If teams interact with any other pets always watch each dog's reactions and be proactive.
- Do not post pictures of any individuals you visit as a Pets & People volunteer team on your personal social media pages.